Saturday September 21st 2019 – 11:30 – 01:00
Sunday September 22nd 2019 – 15:00 – 23:00
Various venues in Cambridge.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Two great days of Salsa workshops and partying, with a fantastic live band!
* More than 10 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata.
* Classes for all levels. All indoors spaces.
* Non-stop partying until 1.00am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:00 on the Sunday night.
* Professional live band SON YAMBU for a danceable concert on the Saturday night!
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national level. In alphabetical order, please welcome:
José Ferrera, Cuba/Norwich – Percussions
Pierre Henry, London – Bachata
Domingo Pau, Cuba/London – AfroCuban/Rumba/Son
Luanda Pau Baquero, Cuba/London – AfroCuban/Rumba/Son
Danielle Satsias, London – Timba/Musicality/Reggaeton
Carlton Thomas, London – Rueda
Jennifer White, London – Lady Styling/Timbaton
DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa, Cambridge
DJ Pierre Henry, Cambridge – Bachata dancefloor
DJ Vish, Cambridge – Kizomba
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing.
EVENING CONCERT with live band SON YAMBU on Saturday!
PARTY THEME OLD HAVANA!
* Venue: University Social Club, Mill Lane, Cambridgeshire CB2 1RX
* 12:00 – 19:00 : afternoon workshops.
* 19:00 – 20:30 : Dinner break.
* 20:30 : ice-breaker and party, band on stage at 21:30.
* LIVE BAND SON YAMBU
* SATURDAY NIGHT PARTY SPECIAL THEME “Old Havana”!
SATURDAY PARTY SPECIAL THEME “OLD HAVANA”!
* Venue: Cambridge Workingmen’s Club, 125 East Road, CB1 1DB
* 15:00 – 18:00 : Afternoon workshops with Luanda Pau Baquero.
* 18:00 – 19:30 : Dinner break.
* 19:30 – 20:30 : Evening class with Luanda Pau Baquero.
* 20:30 – 23:00 : Social dance until late.
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. We reserve the right to introduce adjustments to the programme.
University Social Club
Mill Lane, Cambridgeshire CB2 1RX
Cambridge Workingmen’s Club
125 East Road, CB1 1DB
Pricing and tickets:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until September 20th/on site:
* Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £65/£75.
* Saturday workshops + party (incl. shows & live band): £50/£60.
* Sunday workshop + free evening class & party: £30/£30.
* Saturday party (incl. shows & live band): £15/£15.
* STUDENT Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £40/£45.
* STUDENT Saturday workshops + party (incl. shows & live band): £30/£35.
* STUDENT Sunday workshop + free party: £20/£20.
* STUDENT Saturday party (incl. shows & live band): £15/£15.
Children under 12 years old FREE.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
* online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
* directly at The Cambridge Cuban Salsa Thursdays and Sundays, every Thursday and every Sunday, 19:30 – 23:00, Cambridge Working Men’s Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) – 079 03 828 017.
Please feel free to contact us for any further enquiries.
“Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying and friendship at the AfroSalsa Festival!”
— The AfroSalsa Festival team:
— DJ Sacha, Kellie and Cambridge Cuban Salsa